Saturday 2 April 2011

A Walk Around My Garden

It is a beautiful day today so I went and had a stroll about the garden.

Here are some sweet violets which seem to have self set everywhere this year. I love them though.


These are some newly planted Snakes Head Fritillaries. I am hoping that these will spread in time. All six that I planted have come up so I am hopeful.



The Rhododendron had it's first flowers just open today.



Primroses and violets... yummy! When my eldest sister had her 21st birthday during the second world war, the tables were all decorated with these. My Aunt had brought them up from the country with her.


This is my new mock orange. Philadelphus coronarius aurus. It will flower later.



More self setters... aren't they glorious with the late afternoon sun shining through them?




Another new shrub planted last Autumn. A White Magnolia Stellata.


These seem to do well here too. Anemone blanda, they were here when I came.

No comments:

Post a Comment